Monday, May 25, 2009

My Outdoor Getaway











Today it is gorgeous, with a slight breeze, so I carted my art supplies outdoors, where I just love to be on a beautiful day..having done all my chores outdoors I can now enjoy my outdoor studio that my husband and I set up a couple of weekends ago in my angst for a day just as this. I have no idea what I shall try today; as of this moment it is a mystery even to myself, I shall just listen to the breeze blowing thru my trees, and listen to all the song birds, so happy to be back here in Maine after a long winter away. The lilacs are swaying far too much for a nice picture but my husband has picked me a lovely bouquet for my table and they are just perfect..Mother Nature only produces this scent a few short weeks out of the year and I am one of her biggest fans..I have my face nestled in and breathing deep of the lilacs sweet smell..know how brief it is and I wont experience it again for another whole year. The scent from the bouquet wafts in the breeze across my table and engulfs my sense of smell..it is wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. My gosh, Kay! What a beautiful and poetic post as well as amazing pictures. I wish I could be there with you enjoying the bright sunny day... You are so lucky to live in a paradise looking place and to have such a sweet husband! Here in Macau is raining for a week already! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very nice Kay. You are living in a wonderful place.
    I am convinced your garden of Eden will inspire you to many great paintings (but beware of the apples and snakes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you , if you guys are ever in the great state of maine you will have to visit:)

    ReplyDelete