Thursday, July 30, 2009

I think I have lupus



Trish again I thank you for bringing this info to my attention. I have done a bit of reading and image surfing and I have also taken an online screen test. I am certain that is what it is..the online screen test says 76% and advises me to seek medical attention. HAH! I have been doing that for the last 8 years. I even had the police called on me at my last doctor visit over this issue..I shall search for another doctor that is taking patients and of course will take the insurance, and insist on a lupus test..
The bottom image is a photo from the lupus website of what the discoid lupus rash looks like, there seems to be 3 kinds, and mine would fall under the discoid lupus..
the top photo is my own arm, the upper left arm and only a small portion, just to give you an idea. I will post an update to this once I see a doctor, hopefully I wont have long to wait as I think this is really it!!
Lets see it took them 20 years to find my hepatitis C, I complained often of female problems and even though paps always came out clean I was found to have some wierd female problem with my uterus that wouldnt show up on a papsmear, so once they removed that I was feeling better, but it took them years to believe me, then I once was having side pain to the point that I couldnt walk and they kept telling my I had cyst on my ovaries (before the hysterectomy) and come to find out my intestines were adhered to the wall of my stomach, easily fixed, but took them years to find it and fix it.
So maybe if I BRING the diagnosis to them they will figure it out.
I have also just read that hep c and lupus may be connected, now why wouldn't a doctor look for that considering I have already been treated for hep c, honestly, I just dont get it. It is also one of the top 10 misdiagnosed diseases, and takes up to 7-10 yrs for the doctors to figure it out..you would think they would have like a yellow sticky note ya know ' the top 10 misdiagnosed diseases " or something on their desk. so they can look there first.sheeeeeesh!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kay, I am so sorry to know what you have been through! If you really think you have lupus, my suggestion is indeed: go find a good doctor now! My cousin had lupus also so I am a little bit familiar with the disease. It could be serious without medical attention. So, please do your best to take care of yourself. Hug, Sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kay,
    I don't know why I hadn't read of your dilemma sooner. I am glad I may have put you on the right track. Please let me know what you find out, I will be praying for you to get to the "right" doctor to have this once and for all diagnosed. Lots of hugs and best wishes to you,
    Love,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete