Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jaydee



A good friend of mine had to put his long time pet down last week. This dog meant the world to him and you never see Ray without Jaydee. She was found to have cancerous tumors through out her organs. She was 13 and lived a very loved and fun life with Ray..Thing is, Ray is a bachelor, and NEVER took any really good photos of her, surely if she had a 'mom' around, there would be lots of them. At any rate, Ray goes in on the 28th of this month for major spinal surgery..so scary, and I wanted to present him with a well done drawing of his dog when he got home. A friend at drawspace was kind enough to try and clear up the photo for me so later this p.m. I will try again, I know I can do better than this
I dont have a soft/dark enough pencil to work in pencil, this is the darkest I can get and I like working in charcoal, especially a black dog, as it is much much quicker.Forget watercolors with it, I tried that and it isnt even postable. So I think I will try another in the charcoal and see what happens

3 comments:

  1. as i was saying, I love what you do with your charcoal pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love the see the photo you are working from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are looking good. I think you will pull it off and surprise him with a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete