Thursday, April 9, 2009

OK here I am, I did it..



Hello, this is my very first blog and I think here I will share whatever comes to my mind..

I am interested in Dogs, Artwork, Gardening, Reading and of course a good debate in politics. My husband and I have some very interesting and intense political discussions, some which send us to our own corners of the house for hours at a time to cool off.



I am from New Orleans Louisiana and now reside in Vacationland Maine.
I have done lots of factory work here in Maine, everything from shoes to fish and I LOVE the factory setting and the ppl who work in them..however, Maine no longer has any factories to speak of and when I first arrived here 18 yrs or so ago it was a factory booming town. After I grew up some and had a child I decided I needed a career HAH! So off I went to school, I decided that since I care about people so much (I love even the ones I haven't met yet) I thought the nursing field would be a good place for me to be, so that is where i headed. I was a CNA for about 5 yrs and a tragedy happened with my son ( cant share that I'm sorry) but he needed me and I left the work and stayed home with him for over a year. Then when it was time to go back I decided I needed another career change HAH! I thought it might be interesting to work for lawyers..boy was I wrong..I went back to school, took two years of office stuff, got my job in my lawyers office and HATED it..I hated everything about it. So I left that and took my skills to another field where I managed an Historical store. Now this job I loved. I got to hold and read actual documents and photos from former presidents, civil war soldiers, movie stars and lots of other interesting things, we held auctions monthly, BIG MONEY AUCTIONS, and sold smaller things online as well..then the inevitable, my bosses went through a horrific and nasty divorce which caused them to liquidate and split everything and needless to say there went my job.

Shortly after that I was diagnosed with Hepatitis C, Doctors say I had been carrying it around for about 20 years..WHAT!! well after a year of a hellish treatment, my counts are undetectable so it appears the treatment has worked for now. After all that I took in a small child to daycare at a very low rate to help his mother and since I was home anyway, I wanted to help out. The baby became a huge part of my life and I so adored him, but alas, his mother was laid off after Christmas and now i am not working at all for now, My husband retires in 5 years and if there are ANY jobs left at that time, i shall take one, both for my sanity and his. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment