Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Visit























































































Today I shall invite you to my house perhaps for a cup of tea..but more than likely for a budweiser with my husband. He is the center piece of the household, He is the King of his domain, and I am happy to be the queen.
We are regular hard working people just like you, with the same hopes and fears, joys and sadness.This is our humble little abode..I just adore this little house, though we are constantly doing something, I think we shall do the upstairs floors this year as we did the downstairs a while back. we try to do a project or two a year on the place and every year it is a challenge but an improvement, we had to redo the drive which is roughly 175 yards back from the main road which I tried to show in the photo..We had to reclaim, most of the yard you see, and of course the interior needed things like doors, floors, etc..but we have 7 acres with this house and that is what I wanted the ability to have a yard, as big as I wanted with a couple of dogs able to run freely about..and they do, so does the wildlife, but that is another topic.
I love plants as most ladies do, I try to keep something green growing year round in my home, and I have had such wonderful luck with the donkey tail plant you see in the photo, that was as big as my thumb when i planted it 12 yrs. ago, now look at it, it drags the floor, it is a stunning plant and I have never seen one quite this large and healthy. I have the usual ivy's too, and the crab grass in a pot that no one can kill..it is just nice to have the greenery and i hate that artificial stuff, it just collects dust.
We each drive a used vehicle, he purchased his truck used and the car was also purchased used, and we are still using them, till they literally rot, I have no idea which way the car industry is headed, heck i may be better off to purchase a pair of healthy horses. We'll see how that goes.
I cook at home, we seldom go out to eat, we grill stuff, deepfry stuff outdoors, and have some really great meals, though I do hate cooking, I must say.
I grow my own veggies in the summer, and they do quite well, enough to give to neighbors, and it is great to go and pick a salad. I also recycle, everything, and I believe very strongly in recycling.
The lilacs are special as are most of my flowers because they were gifts, I insisted on plants for house warming gifts, and that lilac was just a little thing in a pot and now it is reaching 9 ft tall and growing great, the peonies are also gifts that I planted and have nurtured for many years.The big bushes in the front of the house were also very small in pots when i planted those and now I am pruning them back.
My snakes are fun, I have a rock wall full of them, baking in the sun and I have quite a collection of perfect snake skins too from them shedding there. They mate there and have their lil snakettes and just love life..aren't they pretty?
anyway, just wanted to invite you over for a chat, glad you could stop by.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Kay for inviting me to your place. Looks beautiful to me, with so much space around you. Here in Holland that is practically impossible living with so many people in just a very small country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to see the budding lilac, Kay.It brings memories of our house and garden in my childhood.Because I liked your blog I opened today one just like yours(just a coincidence, of course).It's in my profile.

    ReplyDelete