Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Art House Co-op

I have read Sonias blog regarding the ARTHOUSE Co-OP and just had to get involved myself. I signed up yesterday and received my randomly selected theme today. Hmm..I have no idea what to do as of yet, but I am thinking on it. My theme assigned is 'Danger-Danger'. The theme is certainly not something I would have 'picked' myself, so it will have me stepping 'outside of my box' so to speak. I am under the impression that I may do anything at all to do this book so long as it folds back up to its original 5x8 size. In the video I watched, people got pretty creative, with cutouts, and adding things and what not. Perhaps I will try predatory animals, that is a 'danger' isn't it? Things like poisonous frogs with their bright colors to warn you off, snakes as well, sharks, stalking wildcats,
Or we could try the city, pickpockets, robbers, rapist etc..
How about Natural disasters- hurricanes, earthquakes etc.?
My Thanks to Sonia for sharing this website, It will be lovely knowing we have our very own little book added to their library.
I see we have a couple of ppl from drawspace now, Sonia, Jeanne and myself so far.
Go check it out. Let us know if you decide to join in, we will be thrilled to have you.
I will of course post my lil works here to share with everyone. I hope to see you join!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you joined. Nice to have the company. I'm curious what Sonia's theme is. Jo Castillo from WC joined before I did. I forget what her theme is but she is doing her scavenger hunts in book. That ways she can get it filled and participate in the hunts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great idea, Sonia's theme is 'monsters' mine is 'danger-danger'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to go through this project with you, Ladies! The themes are indeed very... unusual! :D That´s the funny thing, figuring out what to do with them! I hope I receive my sketchbook soon, because I am already eating my nails with the anxiety!!

    Hugs,
    Sonia.

    ReplyDelete