Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Doll House



















































Here are some pics of a dollhouse I created a couple of years ago. Every single piece of furniture is handmade and handpainted in sculpey. I worked on this project for an entire winter, the house actually has electricity and I even hand made the lamps. The wall paper and patterned flooring was printed out on my pc,glued, and sealed. the rugs I also printed out but on iron on paper and then ironed it onto real floor cloth. The ceiling was even texture painted.
The tub was created using half a plastic bottle with plaster, that is the only furniture thing that is NOT clay. This clay is not fragile when baked, it is very strong and sturdy stuff.
The family is completely posable though still unpainted at that stage, I put a lighter to give a size idea. I also made every single plant inside and out..this was so much fun and work, I loved every minute of it. The drawers really open and so do the doors and the t.v. I shrunk down the football game put it in there with a small light inside and it looks as though the game is actually on and the fireplace has a lil electric fire in it as well. I also made one for the granddaughter but I purchased the furniture for that one and it wasnt electrified either.
I also enjoy woodworking as well as sculpting and drawing, and have even been know to produce some lovely crochet and knit work as well. The arts have kept me quite happy.

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Brilliant patience and fabulous creativity! I'm speechless... Fantastic!


    Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take it. How much is the rent and when can I move in?

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be a nice place to live except I couldn't manage the stairs. Did you make the building too? If so, how did you plan all the walls and stuff?

    Very nice. Very nice. And way more patience than I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the building itself was a kit, holy cow what a nightmare, every piece had to be sanded, some warped pieces replaced.

    thanks you guys very much for viewing, it was great fun to make

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, Kay! My mouth is still open!! You have just created my dream house!! It´s absolutely gorgeous! And I am fascinated by all the details you have created! You are a great artist!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kay,

    Jeanne sent me over here.... and WOW! I'm amazed! You obviously have the patience of Job.... besides being awesomely talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much ladies! It was a challenge and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. its so detailed :D beautifully intricate!

    ReplyDelete