Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Some Sculpts


























I also love to sculpt, usually reserving it for a winter hobby because I have to run the oven to bake them. I use super sculpey, I hand paint them, and each one is unique,one of a kind.There are NO molds used, I use wire and aluminum foil armatures.
The last couple I made were recently but I forgot to get a picture before giving them as gifts, I hate when I do that. Now these I have sold MANY MANY of..I put them on ebay, start the small ones out at 20 bucks and I usually got around 30-50 dollars each a small one, and more for the larger.I didn't mind doing it like that, but I messed up and started taking 'special' orders for ppl. It turned my 'hobby' into 'work' so I quit doing it like that. each one of these small ones took me no less than say 5-6 hours (not counting the baking time) each and the larger ones could take more than a full day. Depends on size the time it takes. I usually will sit and watch t.v. and roll up a bunch of different size eyes then bake a whole tray at a time, storing them in a little container for later use. The same with claws,nails, teeth etc..I hand paint them with acrylics and use a sealer after ward. I love watching these things come to life from literally nothing at all. It is like magic to me. I will post some more later on, I just dug them down from the shelf and they need dusting...My hubby made me a special shelf in the living room way up high at the ceiling behind the t.v. As I was pulling them down, I was like, 'oh, I forgot I made that and wow, that too..way in the back and up high..it was fun to see them again.

2 comments: