Friday, August 21, 2009

Idea Headaches

I have been having idea headaches..ever get those? I just have too many to concentrate, I am glad that I have the period of time to think before the sketchbook arrives, yet at the same time my head may split wide open with ideas just waiting for it.
There are many different ways this sketchbook thingy can go, WOW! I have been thinking 'should I simply unfold the pages and make one large picture (remember my theme is danger). Perhaps a nuclear submarine on the long stretched out page, or the twin towers on the stretched out page, with the names of the victims along the sides of them, or perhaps create the towers themselves using the names..then I trash these ideas, and move on to this one:
Danger signs, danger signs that are posted all around the globe, perhaps the word 'danger' in many different languages on the last page? I looked this idea up and the number and types of danger signs are numerous, certainly enough to fill the book..so I keep this idea,
Then I move onto this one: Perhaps the danger of the land and sea, with its wild animals and reptiles, and sea critters, this idea I also keep.
Then there are the danger of household products and chemicals from around the globe, with their many cautions, that would also make a good message as well.
Then I looked up nuclear (hubby works around it so it keeps popping into mind as very dangerous) but the nuclear ideas of danger are very numerous too..with its radiation and safety warnings.
The city also comes into mind, being very familiar with the large cities and very aware of the dangers that lurk on practically every corner. I could stretch out the page creating a city building landscape, with the windows that lift out so you can see into them, doorways that open, I even thought about cutting out a van and affixing it to a page in a fashion so that it can move down the page, as though driving down the street.
There are soo many ideas, I have been thinking of cutting windows in some pages so you have to lift them to see, or creating something that can pop out in a 3d fashion, This idea I really like and tend to have this one at the top of my list as well as the 'danger signs', the signs will probably end up winning out though. They are plentiful and will be much easier for sure. We'll see, but if I didn't get some of the ideas down on this blog I surely would have popped!!
I have an idea headache, do you ever get those?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You almost gave me a headache also, with all your ideas!! :D Just kidding... Very entertaining post, dear Kay!

    ReplyDelete